Travelling to Benin Republic From Nigeria – All You Must Know
In case you are planning to go to the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this submit is for you. It would cowl every part you should find out about crossing one of many busiest borders in West Africa. It would additionally cowl the price, the place to remain, locations to go to and many others. The Benin republic/Nigeria border is in a city referred to as Seme. The Nigeria Benin border is popularly referred to as the Seme Border.
Concerning the Republic of Benin
The Republic of Benin is among the many nations that share a border with Nigeria. Different nations that share a border with Nigeria embody Chad, Cameroun and Niger Republic. Benin Republic shares a border with Nigeria at Seme in Lagos State and round Idi Iroko in Ogun. Seme is a couple of minutes drive from Badagry. The nation was previously referred to as Dahomey. It was, nonetheless, renamed Benin in 1975.
The Capital of Benin Republic is in Port Novo. Nonetheless, the most well-liked metropolis in Benin Republic is Cotonou. Additionally it is the financial capital of Benin Republic. The nation was colonized by France. It obtained its independence on August 1, 1960. The official language of the Republic of Benin is French.
The Republic of Benin is residence to pristine seashores, strong tradition, wildlife, and exquisite vacationer sights.
Necessities For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the next are the necessities:
- Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic should current their Worldwide Passport on the border. The Nigerian Worldwide Passports is a doc issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you’ve obtained a dose of the yellow fever vaccine. The cardboard can also be for protecting information of vaccines required to go to different nations. You may solely journey after ten days of getting the dose.
Additionally Learn: How to Get A Yellow Fever Card
Vaccines To Take Earlier than Visiting Benin Republic
Make sure you take these two vaccines earlier than you go to Benin republic. If you don’t, you should have points with the Port well being on the border. Once you go for the yellow fever vaccine, make sure you ask them for Meningitis too. They are going to most likely repair one other date for that. These are the 2 fundamental vaccines you should take earlier than visiting Benin Republic.
- Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to guard you towards yellow fever
- Meningitis Vaccines:
French is the official language. The opposite languages embody Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages. These are the indigenous languages of the Republic of Benin. They’re all thought-about nationwide languages.
The official foreign money of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is usually referred to as the West African CFA Franc. It comes within the following denomination.
Cash 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Notes: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20000
Easy methods to Get To the Republic of Benin By way of Seme Border
In case you are in search of stress-free entry. You may get a direct bus to the Republic of Benin from Lagos. These are some main transport firms that go to Benin Republic Efex, ABC transport, Chisco Group Transport and many others. They are going to deal with the border protocols, the stamping and many others. They provide air-conditioned buses.
Nonetheless, in case you are on a low funds or an adventurer like me, you’ll be able to determine to do the stamping by yourself.
From Ikeja board a bus to Egbeda – 200 to 300 Naira
At Egbeda board one other bus to Iyana Iba – 300 Naira
From Iyana Iba board a bus or automobile to Badagry – 500 to 700 Naira
When you get to Badagry, get a bus going to Seme. Inform the motive force you’ll cease on the border. Please word they might scare you that stamping is difficult, don’t thoughts them. Simply ignore and inform them to cease you on the border.
On the border, simply stroll straight into the advanced. Ask for the place to stamp, and do it your self.
When you stamp your passport, you’ll undergo one other set of routine checks by Port Well being who will ask in your yellow fever card.
Then one other routine verify by the NDLEA and customs.
Relying on the place you might be coming from, in case you are coming from the mainland round Ikeja and environs, you’ll be able to undergo Egbada, Iyana Iba axis. In case you are coming from Oshodi, you might have to undergo Mile
Crossing to the Seme Border
On the park, the motive force could attempt to cost you to cross the border, simply inform them to cease you on the border you’ll deal with the border protocols your self.
As soon as you might be approaching the border’s small gate, flash your Passport, this may grant you entry into the premises and generally you might get questioned by the Immigration officers on responsibility. You may transfer to the purpose the place you’ll be able to stamp your passport.
To stamp your passport, you’ll be requested pay some cash. Properly this shouldn’t be the case however it’s what it’s.
For virgin passports, you’ll pay 1,000 or extra relying in your negotiation energy and for already stamped passports, you’ll pay 500 Naira.
As soon as your passports have been stamped,
You’ll undergo the Port well being who will ask in your yellow fever card, then the customs who can even attempt to verify your baggage, then the NDLEA who can even verify for medicine and different forbidden substances,
As soon as you might be clear, you’ll transfer to the Benin aspect the place you’ll undergo one other verify.
Ideas Once you get to Benin
- Perceive the Nation: The very first thing it’s best to do is to grasp the nation, their foreign money, alternate charges and many others. You also needs to know some fundamental legal guidelines of the nation. Additionally, it’s best to familiarise your self with a few of the beliefs and tradition.
- Change your cash from naira to Cefa: The very first thing it’s best to do is to alter from Naira to Cefa. Please don’t depend on your ATM card. It could not work there because of CBN restrictions.
- Hold Your Transport Fare: As a rule, guarantee you have got the transport that can take you from the border to your own home saved individually. That is to keep away from spending your transport fare while you journey.
Please preserve your transport fare separate out of your different cash.
- Get a SIM card: Nigerian networks don’t work over there except you roam them. Nonetheless, the community firm will excessively while you make and obtain calls. Due to this fact you might have to get a Benin SIM card. I’ll counsel both MTN or Airtel. When you get that, you can load it up and activate web connections, this may prevent a whole lot of stress.
- Get a Common Adapter: they use a distinct type of socket completely different from those we’ve right here. You should get a common adapter that can assist you to plug in your machine. This is essential, it could be troublesome getting one when you step out of the border.
- Get an English talking driver: Search for an English talking driver to take you to your vacation spot. This may provide help to with the language barrier. If you will take one other bus after attending to your vacation spot, you may additionally inform the motive force that will help you out.
- Be taught fundamental Vocabulary: You need to study fundamental vocabulary like bonjour(good morning), Bonsoir (good night), Anglais (English). And so forth
Issues to Do at Benin Republic
- Benefit from the Avenue Meals: The very first thing you’ll discover while you go to Benin is the presence of road meals distributors in all places. Avenue meals is common right here. Get adventurous and have a style of the road meals.
- Go to the Python Temple: The temple of the pythons has turn out to be one of many main vacationer sights in Benin Republic.
- The Slave Route: That is the journey to the unique slave route in Benin. You additionally get to see the door of no return. It’s the place the place slaves are shipped to Europe and different unknown locations, by no means to return once more.
- Go to the Nationwide Park: Benin Republic has a wealthy nature and wildlife expertise. A go to to the Nationwide parks will blow your thoughts.
- Attend a Pageant: The nation has a wealthy cultural heritage, it’s best to attend one in all its cultural festivals.
- Go to the Seaside: Benin Republic is a coastal nation with completely different seashores. Benefit from the blue skies, the pristine seashore sand and the beauties of its lovely seashores.
The Price of Visiting Benin Republic
Transport to Badagry Between 1,000 to 2,000 (is determined by the place you keep in Lagos)
From Badagry to Seme 500 to 1,500 (Is determined by whether or not you utilize a bus, automobile or bike)
Crossing on the Border (between 1,000 and a couple of,500) is determined by your negotiation energy and in case you are utilizing a virgin passport or an already stamped one
From Seme to Cotonou (1500 to 2,500)
Whole – Between 4,500 and seven,000
Resorts In Benin Republic
Resorts are reasonably priced in Benin Republic, the price of a typical lodge in Benin varies from 6,000 Naira per night time to fifteen,000. Although there are costlier ones between 20,000 to 150,000 per night time.
Resorts in Benin Republic
- Le Jardin Secret
- Diaspora Auberge
- Resort Dk
- Auberge de Grand Popo
- Resort La Casa Cielo
- Resort de la Diaspora
Vacationer Sights in Benin Republic
- There are such a lot of vacationer sights in Benin Republic
- Zinsou Basis Museum
- Pythons Temple
- Slave Street
- Bab’s Dock
- Grand Popo
- Fidjirosse Seaside
- The Cotonou Littoral Monument
Variations Between Nigeria and Benin republic
Roads: Benin republic has much better roads than Nigeria can ever think about. All the most important freeway are tarred. All through my keep, I didn’t encounter a single pothole within the locations I visited. This isn’t an exaggeration, all the most important highways are tarred.
Facilities: They’ve fundamental facilities like good roads, road mild, water and many others.
Growth: When it comes to improvement, Nigeria is much extra developed than the Republic of Benin. It’s uncommon to see a brand new main building across the metropolis.
Knowledge: Web Knowledge is fairly costly right here within the Republic of Benin in comparison with Nigeria.
Street indicators: There are highway indicators on each road, each freeway.
Driving: Driving right here is just too sane that I used to be virtually freaking out. LOL.
Automobiles: There are extra unique vehicles in Nigeria than within the Republic of Benin. I hardly see the most recent vehicles round.
Transportation: Many of the residents personal bikes, bikes are one of many common technique of transportation on this nation. Additionally it is quite common to see girls using bikes.