Hey, Atlanta! Here is all the pieces it’s essential to know to get this Tuesday began off proper.
First, as we speak’s climate:
Delicate with loads of solar. Excessive: 65 Low: 43.
Hire this house!
Are you a native enterprise proprietor or marketer in Atlanta? We need to begin showcasing trusted companies who can remedy issues for our wonderful native readers. Click here to learn more.
Listed below are the 5 prime tales in Atlanta as we speak:
- The Lovett Faculty was evacuated round 9:30 a.m. Monday morning after a kitchen fireplace brought about heavy smoke across the constructing. Atlanta Hearth Rescue rushed to the college, evacuating everybody and extinguishing the blaze, after which all college students and workers had been reported protected. (11Alive.com WXIA)
- Dangerous information for boat lovers anticipating the upcoming Progressive Insurance coverage Atlanta Boat Present: The occasion has been postponed because of low boat stock and provide chain points, amongst different causes. “We’ve got made the troublesome resolution to postpone the Atlanta Boat Present to 2023,” present supervisor Courtney Erhardt mentioned Monday. To assist fill the void, organizers of the present are engaged on a brand new boating occasion that will probably be held on Lake Lanier in March 2022. “On the new Lake Lanier occasion,” Erhardt mentioned, the date for which has but to be launched, “attendees can count on to see the most recent mannequin boats and discover inspiration for his or her summer season boating adventures on the water.” (WSB Atlanta)
- A crash close to I-285 East and Jonesboro Highway claimed the life of 1 individual Sunday night time. In line with Atlanta Police, the “preliminary investigation signifies the driving force was working the motorcar when he appeared to have misplaced management, hanging the median within the course of.” The person was pronounced useless on the scene, the APD mentioned, and costs are usually not anticipated right now. (11Alive.com WXIA)
- FEMA’s Atlanta Distribution Heart – a 460,000-square-foot facility strategically positioned close to the airport – has 270 tractor trailers loaded and able to go at any given time. And go lots of them did Saturday in response to lethal tornadoes that devastated communities throughout six states. “We shipped out 54 trailer a great deal of completely different commodities,” mentioned Janet Goldson, FEMA Atlanta’s deputy facility supervisor, “blankets, cots, tarps, mills.” The emergency provides had been despatched to eight southeastern states, she mentioned, together with one of many hardest hit: Kentucky. (CBS46 News Atlanta)
- MARTA has obtained a $851,677.10 grant from the U.S. Division of Agriculture to fund operation of its Contemporary MARTA Markets and develop this system to 2 extra rail stations in DeKalb County. Launched in 2015, the markets present entry to reasonably priced, contemporary produce in meals deserts whereas increasing promoting alternatives for Georgia’s native growers. MARTA at the moment operates markets at West Finish, H.E. Holmes, Bankhead, Faculty Park, and 5 Factors rail stations within the cities of Atlanta and Faculty Park. Due to the grant, extra markets will probably be established at Kensington and Doraville rail stations subsequent spring. (SaportaReport)
At present’s Atlanta Day by day is dropped at you partly by our pals at Ring, the house safety firm. Ring does much more than doorbells: try their full suite of good house merchandise at Ring.com. And thanks Ring for serving to to make native information occur in Atlanta!
- We all know the entire cats and canines on the Atlanta Humane Society are on Santa’s 🎅 “good” listing this 12 months, which suggests they’re eagerly ready for presents. And the one present on all of their lists is a house! 🏠 Test “house” off their listing once you undertake a cat or canine between Dec. 17-23 for 50% off adoption charges. (Facebook)
- In search of winter break enjoyable or a option to entertain visiting household? Ice skating is a superb possibility, and Uncover Atlanta has an inventory of rinks in Atlanta! ⛸️✨ (Facebook)
- Journey again in time with the Atlanta Historical past Heart and discover out in case you have what it takes to be a Freedom Fighter. Time-travel guides take college students again to the previous the place they meet leaders of the Voting Rights motion of 1946 and the Atlanta Sit-In motion of 1960, exploring the Civil Rights period and connecting it to social actions all through time. (Facebook)
- Atlanta’s favourite operating and strolling vacation spot and Atlanta’s historic operating and strolling group are teaming as much as convey races again to the Atlanta BeltLine. The Facebook) and the are becoming a member of as much as supply a sequence of occasions on the BeltLine’s hottest sections in 2022. Enroll now to benefit from early-bird pricing. (
- Atlanta’s Historic West Finish’s Schooling Committee works to advertise high quality schooling in native elementary and secondary colleges. Discover out extra on the month-to-month assembly tonight on Zoom, beginning at 6 p.m. (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
Gigs & providers:
Loving the Atlanta Day by day? Listed below are all of the methods you will get extra concerned:
That is it for as we speak! I will see you again in your inbox tomorrow with one other replace.